Getting Listed with the Top 25 Online Business Directories
With so many online business directories out there offering profiles and lead-generating subscriptions, it can be confusing, and frustrating, to decipher which online directories are necessary and helpful, and which ones are a waste of effort. Most companies are current with their Facebook Business Page, and maybe even have a Twitter and Instagram account started. But is that enough?
Did you know there are likely dozens of online directories with your information you don’t even know about? It’s true. Any online business directory can gather what they assume is accurate information and post it for the world to find. Unfortunately, they are often wrong with their guesswork, leading to incorrect information being blasted across the internet about your business. It’s important to know where your information is populating and that the right content is being provided.
What is an online business directory?
A business directory is an online list of businesses within a particular niche, location, or category. One way local businesses can get found by online searchers is through inclusion in business directories.
Getting your local business’ information listed on the right business directories and online business listing sites not only improves the quality of your online presence, but also provides quality backlinks to your website- A huge SEO step forward! There are a few things to make sure your company listing has in it once you add it to a directory:
- Consistent Contact Info: When you add or update your business on multiple business listing sites, make sure you’re providing the same company information, operational hours, service and product information with each directory.
- Link Your Website: Backlinks, or inbound links, are crucial to your website’s SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Backlinks are proof of how popular your website is, and search engines like to rank the most popular websites. You can consider adding a tracking link at the end of this URL to see how much traffic your website gets from each of the business directories.
- About Us: It’s important to provide a well-written description of your business to reflect your mission, culture, and values.
- Graphics & Video: Your viewers want a visual taste of your business, so fill those provided galleries with pictures and video of your team, services, office, and daily business operations.
Local Online Business Listings & Directories
for Small Business Marketing
Every company should have a listing with as many of the following online directories as possible, and consider scheduling ongoing management and engagement on each of the accounts. Hubspot put together this list of the biggest and most important business listings sites today, many of these directories are also completely free.
- Facebook (Domain Authority = 100)
- Apple Maps (Domain Authority = 100)
- Google My Business (Domain Authority = 100)
- LinkedIn Company Directory (Domain Authority = 98)
- Bing (Domain Authority = 94)
- Yelp (Domain Authority = 94)
- Better Business Bureau (Domain Authority = 93)
- Foursquare (Domain Authority = 92)
- MapQuest (Domain Authority = 92)
- HubSpot (Domain Authority = 91)
- Yellow Pages (Domain Authority = 91)
- Angies List (Domain Authority = 91)
- Yahoo! Local (Domain Authority = 91)
- Manta (Domain Authority = 87)
- Merchant Circle (Domain Authority = 86)
- Super Pages (Domain Authority = 84)
- Yellow Book (Domain Authority = 83)
- Thumbtack (Domain Authority = 82)
- Local.com (Domain Authority = 77)
- Kudzu.com (Domain Authority = 76)
- Hot Frog (Domain Authority = 76)
- Communitywalk.com (Domain Authority = 75)
- Brownbook.net (Domain Authority = 73)
- Tupalo.com (Domain Authority = 72)
- La Cartes (Domain Authority = 68)
Making sure your internet presence is accurate and up-to-date for your potential customers to find you is critical to any local marketing plan. Get started with adding your local business to these business listings and directories, and watch your online presence grow!
Not sure you have the time to list your business with these online directories? Give VantagePoint Marketing a call about assistance with getting listed today.